- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Spectre theme has finally landed.
After the initial speculation over who would be doing the honors — Ellie Goulding? Lana Del Rey? Ed Sheeran? Adele, again? — and the revelation that it was indeed the bookmakers’ favorite from the start, Sam Smith‘s song for the upcoming 24th James Bond film was released Friday morning London time.
Written by Smith and Jimmy Napes, with production work by the British dance duo Disclosure (who gave Smith his breakthrough with the 2012 track “Latch”), “Writing’s on the Wall” becomes the first Bond theme to be recorded by a British male solo artist since 1965.
Many now expect it to be the first to go to the No. 1 spot on the U.K. singles charts, although Smith will be up against 007’s arch nemesis … Justin Bieber.
Spectre opens nationwide in the U.K. on Oct. 26 and in the U.S. Nov. 6.
Hear “Writing’s on the Wall” below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade