- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Liv and Maddie actress Dove Cameron has joined Hailee Steinfeld in comedy Barely Lethal, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The film, which will also star Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba, follows a 16-year-old (Steinfeld) trained assassin who runs away to live a normal high school life, only to discover that fitting in isn’t as easy as she would have hoped.
Cameron will play Liz Larson, the Queen Bee of the high school. Steinfeld’s character Meghan moves in with Liz, and they become best friends. Liz helps Meghan acclimate to school, and comes to her aid then things get tough.
Fanboys director Kyle Newman is helming the project with a script by John D’Arco. John Cheng and Brett Ratner are producing via their RatPac Entertainment, along with Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew and RKO Pictures’ Ted Hartley and Vanessa Coifman.
Cameron is known for playing the lead on Disney Channel’s series Liv and Maddie. She has also appeared on The Mentalist and Shameless. She’s repped by Abrams Artists Agency, Industry Entertainment and attorney Patti Felker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day