- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter takes to the glamorous streets of Cannes to find out all the latest details on the film festival’s fashion, premieres and A-list sightings.
The premiere of Personal Shopper proved to be quite eventful. After opening to an array of boos earlier in the week, the audience at the Tuesday morning screening gave the film a four-and-a-half-minute standing ovation, which ended with star Kristen Stewart hugging her co-stars and the film’s director, Olivier Assayas. After posing on the red carpet in white Chanel, Stewart stayed true to her original style, swapping her Louboutin heels for some beat-up sneakers for the remainder of the evening.
Plus, THR‘s social media manager, Jennifer Liles, takes to the Croisette to find out what locals think of Stewart.
Star Wars villain Adam Driver also stopped by the festival to promote his new film Paterson, directed by Jim Jarmusch and co-starring Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani. The actor talked to THR about his experience learning how to drive a bus for the film.
“I feel like in acting you have no control so having something physical to do to kind of give you the illusion that you have control over what’s happening is helpful,” Driver said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day