- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Live Nation will acquire BigChampagne, a Los Angeles-based company that collects and analyzes a wide array of online digital media data, Live Nation announced Tuesday.
The acquisition will enhance Live Nation’s ability to provide relevant content to consumers and business intelligence solutions for entertainment businesses and brand marketers. BigChampagne will be a part of Live Nation’s Live Analytics group launched earlier this year.
BigChampagne co-founder/CEO Eric Garland will become the general manager of the ecommerce site, while co-founder Joel Fleischer will be the its senior VP of content and product strategy. Live Nation will continue to invest in BigChampagne’s analytics engine as well as such products as the Ultimate Chart, Ultimate Awards and Ultimate Chart Pro. Now those products will enjoy access to Live Nation’s live event, ticketing and merchandising data in addition to existing social and streaming data.
“We love the basics of what they’ve created, and love the idea of taking an incredible amount of fan data off- and online and merging that into a relevant database of what artists are most popular and relevant to today’s consumer,” Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino told the New York Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day