- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The company said its board has appointed the experienced dealmaker to the post of nonexecutive chairman. Maffei has served on the Live Nation board since February 2011.
Liberty is Live Nation’s biggest shareholder and controls a stake of more than 26.4 percent in the live-event giant.
Maffei’s appointment comes after the departure of former chairman Irving Azoff. The veteran music talent manager stepped down at the end of 2012. He was chairman since 2011, when he replaced Liberty Media chairman John Malone.
“Greg brings years of experience and business acumen that will continue to be a valuable asset as our team executes on the three-year plan, driving profitability and shareholder value,” said Live Nation president and CEO Michael Rapino.
Added Maffei: “Michael and his team have made Live Nation the most pervasive brand in live entertainment. I look forward to further collaboration with Michael and my fellow board members.”
Maffei joined Liberty Media as CEO-elect in November 2005 and became CEO in February 2006.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day