- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lizzy Caplan, who stars in Showtime’s Master of Sex, has nabbed the female lead in The Interview, Columbia’s Seth Rogen-James Franco comedy.
The topical movie revolves around a handsome talk-show host (Franco) and his producer (Rogen), who find themselves in way over their heads when they get involved in a plot to assassinate the prime minister of North Korea.
The Interview is Rogen’s follow-up to his directorial debut, the acclaimed apocalypse comedy This Is the End. Rogen is directing and producing Interview with his longtime collaborator Evan Goldberg.
In the film, Caplan will play Agent Lacey, a hot, cleavage-showing CIA agent who wants the host to assassinate the prime minister.
Caplan coming on board reunites her with both Rogen and Franco, with whom she appeared in the cult TV series Freak & Geeks more than a decade ago. She also appeared with Franco in 127 Hours.
Caplan is repped by WME, Mosaic and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day