- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LMFAO fans, this is no LOLing matter.
The dance music (and uncle-nephew) duo of Redfoo (aka Stefan Kendal Gordy) and SkyBlu (Skyler Husten Gordy) are hititng pause on their high-flying career together.
“I feel like we’ve been doing this for so long, five or six years,” Redfoo told an Australian outlet this week. “And we’re kind of like saying, well, let’s just do what’s natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time.”
The drift was a natural byproduct of artistic curiosity, he said, and fans need not worry about familial discord.
“I think that we naturally just started hanging with two different sets of people, two different crowds, but we’re always family,” he explained. “He’ll always be my nephew, I’ll always be his uncle.”
Thus brings an end to the six-year career of the group that implored listeners in “Get This Party Started,” and it comes just a few months after the two denied breakup rumors.
“Sky might be doing a DJ set in South America and I might be in Vegas, and they’ll say, ‘Oh, they’re separate doing things. How can we make a story out of that?'” Redfoo told reporters in April. “We have to be smart enough to recognize it’s all a game, keep executing our vision and turn this world into a party planet.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day