- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – The BBC Sport web site set another Olympics-fueled record on Monday.
The site drew 7.2 million U.K. visitors, beating a record of 6.1 million set on Sunday, the U.K. public broadcaster said. Its global visitor figures reached 9.7 million on Monday. For Sunday, bbc.co.uk/sport had drawn 8.3 million global browsers.
The broadcaster’s TV coverage also continued to outdraw the Beijing 2008 Summer Games, even though peak viewership was down from Sunday.
Monday night’s swimming finals peaked at 8.8 million viewers, the BBC said. On Sunday, the audience had peaked at 10.7 million.
The BBC in 2008 drew a peak audience of 6.8 million with the closing ceremony, while the most-watched Olympics highlights show peaked with about 7.5 million viewers.
Also, a peak audience of 7.0 million watched a British duo narrowly miss out on a medal the 10 meter synchronized diving competition, and the British men’s gymnastics team bronze medal performance drew a peak audience of 5.4 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day