- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
We know there will be fashion elements at the upcoming Olympics, but now it seems major British models will get a chance to strut their catwalk stuff for all the world to see during the games’ closing ceremony in London.
Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole, Stella Tennant, Lily Donaldson and Georgia May Jaffer will walk in clothes designed by famed British designers Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood and Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The playlist will include David Bowie‘s “Fashion,” not surprisingly.
The whole segment is called “A Symphony of British Music” and will also include Annie Lennox, George Michael, Ray Davies, The Pet Shop Boys and Madness. Apparently the over-the-top duo of Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders will sing a Sex Pistols tune. How Ab-Fab is that? (French is a writer on Absolutely Fabulous, FYI.)
Burberry face Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was supposed to be part of the model march, but it seems she now wants to be seen as an actress, so she withdrew. Apparently, this gig is not going to pay what these women usually receive simply for getting out of bed in the morning.
With Britain preparing to host the games for the first time since 1948, it appears as though local talent will be in no short supply for the festivities.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day