- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress will grace the stage in a revival of Eugene O’Neill‘s Long Day’s Journey Into Night, the Roundabout Theatre Company and Ryan Murphy announced Tuesday. Directed by Jonathan Kent, the production will begin previews on March 31, 2016, before its official April 19 opening at the American Airlines Theatre.
Lange will reprise her role as Mary Tyrone, for which she was nominated for an Olivier Award in the West End in 2000.
Gabriel Byrne will play James Tyrone, and John Gallagher Jr. will play Edmond Tyrone.
The last Broadway revival of O’Neill’s 1956 play — the story of the Tyrone family and their battle to unearth and conceal a lifetime of secrets, and drawing heavily on the playwright’s personal history — was a starry production in 2003, starring Brian Dennehy, Vanessa Redgrave, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Robert Sean Leonard and directed by Robert Falls.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day