- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amid the sparkly sequined gowns and the bold embellished dresses, there were a few standout pants looks that, though free of frills, were equally as chic. From elegant jumpsuits (Emma Stone in Lanvin) to borrowed-from-the-boys pantsuits (Tina Fey), the red-carpet pants trend made a small but noteworthy showing at Sunday evening’s Golden Globes.
Lorde, who always manages to make menswear look elegant on the red carpet, arrived in a custom Narciso Rodriguez suit in her signature black. The Best Original Song nominee tamed her curls in a slick ponytail and finished the look with a glittering Neil Lane diamond statement necklace.
After her mid-show outfit change, Tina Fey returned to the stage in a luxe tuxedo, complete with an undone sequined bow tie and killer stilettos. Sideswept hair and a coral lip made for the perfect complement to Poehler’s navy butterfly gown.
Not to be outdone, Prince — one of the evening’s surprise presenters — showed up in a funky metallic suit, which he appropriately paired with his signature oversize shades.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek