- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the tragic death of Nipsey Hussle, his hometown of Los Angeles is honoring the rapper.
Los Angeles City Council member Marqueece Harris-Dawson announced on Tuesday that the intersection of Slauson Avenue and Crenshaw Boulevard, right in the center of where Nipsey grew up, will become “Ermias ‘Nipsey Hussle’ Asghedom Square.”
The rapper was gunned down on Mar. 31 in front of his Marathon Clothing store, located at the newly named intersection. Suspect Eric Holder has been charged with murder, according to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office. Holder is in custody after pleading not guilty.
Nip’s family will be hosting a “Celebration of Life” on Thursday, Apr. 11 at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day