- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Serena, the first Hollywood film by Oscar-winning Danish director Susanne Bier, will close The Saint Petersburg International Media Forum. The movie was shot nearly year before Lawrence and Cooper’s Silver Linings Playbook came out, but has had a rocky path to getting released.
“I’m proud that the opening night film of the 1st St Petersburg International Media Forum will be the brilliant premiere of young genius Xavier Dolan, who has already made the Cannes IFF audiences fall in love with him,” said Katya Mtsitouridze, SPIMF’s concept creator and general producer. “I’m sure after the film’s premiere at our Forum, the huge number of Dolan’s Russian fans will expand even more.”
SPIMF is replacing a competition festival held in Russia’s “Northern capital” for a few previous years. According to the organizers, the new event aims to combine a cross-platform market encompassing film, TV and new media and non-competition screenings of high-profile international films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day