- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lost producers, including J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse, are apologizing after the show’s star Evangeline Lilly said in an interview earlier this week that she felt “cornered” into filming a partially nude scene.
“Our response to Evie’s comments in the media was to immediately reach out to her to profoundly apologize for the experience she detailed while working on Lost. We have not yet connected with her, but remain deeply and sincerely sorry. No person should ever feel unsafe at work. Period,” they said Friday in a joint statement.
“In season three, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter,” the actress recalled in an interview with The Lost Boys podcast. “And I was mortified and I was trembling when it finished. I was crying my eyes out, and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.”
Lilly also detailed a similar situation that occurred on the set of the fourth season. “In season four, another scene came up where Kate was undressing, and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control. And I failed to control it again,” she said. “So I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want — I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again.’ And I didn’t.”
The Ant-Man and the Wasp star also said that since those experiences, she has avoided nude scenes altogether.
Lost ran for six seasons on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day