- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Louis C.K. and Judd Apatow have publicly appealed to TMZ to take down a video showing the crash scene and aftermath of the car accident involving fellow comedian Tracy Morgan. The horrific highway crash claimed the life of veteran comedian James McNair and left four injured, including Morgan, who remains hospitalized in critical condition.
“Take it down TMZ,” C.K. wrote on Twitter. “Now. Please. ”
Apatow weighed in a few hours later, tweeting: ?”@HarveyLevinTMZ please take down the accident video.”
The footage was reportedly taken by a passing driver shortly after the limousine accident last weekend in New Jersey. It shows comedian Ardie Fuqua being pulled from the wreckage unconscious.
Fuqua was the opening act at Morgan’s comedy show the night before in Delaware. He appeared in an early episode of C.K.’s critically acclaimed FX show Louie.
“[Ardie’s] brave daughter has asked them to take it down,” C.K. said on Twitter. “They won’t.”
Fuqua’s daughter, Krizya Fuqua, took to Instagram to put pressure on the website to remove the video.
“They don’t understand how hurtful it is to see my father dragged out of the wreckage,” she wrote, adding, “No one should see my father this way.”
See Krizya Fuqua’s message below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day