- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First came Chanel’s announcement of their forthcoming cruise collection’s showing in Havana, Cuba, then came Gucci’s that their next cruise collection will show in London, and now it’s Louis Vuitton’s turn to announce the exotic destination for their pre-spring/summer 2017 cruise collection showing — Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The show will take place on May 28, just three months prior to the 2016 Summer Olympics, also taking place in Rio de Janeiro.
The fashion house’s last cruise collection brought the fashion set to Palm Springs. Artistic director Nicolas Ghesquière, who’s been part of the luxury label for two years, paid homage to Palm Springs at his resort showing earlier this year with palm-printed train cases and necklaces spelling out the city’s name. We can’t wait to see what effect the seaside city has on his designs next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day