- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Audiences curious to check out Lovelace, the big-screen depiction of the meteoric rise of adult film star Linda Lovelace, can now watch the biopic’s first trailer.
The film stars Amanda Seyfried as the 19-year-old from Florida, born Linda Boreman, who became a crossover sensation after her talents were showcased in Deep Throat, the movie credited with launching the “porn chic” craze of the early 1970s.
Tracing the unlikely starlet’s journey from naive ingenue to the poster girl for the sexually freewheeling, pre-AIDS era — followed by later efforts to expose her own victimization and reclaim her life — Lovelace also stars Peter Sarsgaard as Chuck Traynor, Linda’s abusive svengali of a boyfriend, plus Hank Azaria and Bobby Cannavale as the film’s sleazy director and producer.
Watch closely for cameos from a gussied-down Sharon Stone as Linda’s mother and James Franco as fan-for-life, Hugh Hefner. Lovelace, which The Hollywood Reporter‘s Todd McCarthy called “surprisingly good on several fronts” in his Sundance review, opens August 9.
UPDATE: A rep for the movie has requested that THR remove what they say is the incorrect trailer. The official trailer will be released on July 10.
Below is the U.K. trailer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day