- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
So Yong Kim’s delicate heartbreaker about friendship, desire and the occasionally blurred line between the two stars the actresses as college friends who confront their long-unspoken intimacy.
Neglected by her husband, Sarah (Keough) embarks on an impromptu road trip with her young daughter and her best friend, Mindy (Malone). Along the way, the dynamic between the two friends intensifies before circumstances force them apart. Years later, Sarah attempts to rebuild their intimate connection in the days before Mindy’s wedding.
The film — which premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival — also features Brooklyn Decker, Amy Seimetz, Cary Joji Fukunaga, Ryan Eggold and Rosanna Arquette.
The Hollywood Reporter‘s Jon Frosch said in his review, “The wonder of this new film from Kim is how deftly it digs beneath the cliches and formulas of familiar sub-genres (female friendship movie, road movie, lesbian romance) to come up with something specific, nuanced and insightful. It’s a quiet drama, full of unspoken hurt and free of histrionics, but it’s as raw and painful as a fresh wound.”
See the film’s poster below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day