- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ireland may have only had a bit part in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Luke Skywalker’s secret island right at the very end), but such is the country’s starring role in the franchise’s as-yet-untitled eighth installation that Lucasfilm felt the need to offer a big thanks for its services.
In an advertisement taken out in Wednesday’s edition of local newspaper The Irish Examiner, Lucasfilm offered its thanks to people of “Crookhaven, Goleen and the Brow Head Peninsula for the warm welcome” it received while shooting in West Cork.
“We have been captivated by the landscape of the Wild Atlantic Way, it has provided a spectacular backdrop for our story,” it continued. “The tireless commitment of our Irish Crew, the enthusiasm and support of all the people of West Cork have made our Irish adventure one we will always treasure.”
Lucasfilm execs clearly found time to practice their language skills around the tight production schedules, ending the ad with a spot of local tongue.
“Go mbeidh an fórsa leat!! — May the force be with you!”
See the full ad below:
— Tourism Ireland (@TourismIreland) May 31, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day