- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Luke Wilson is ready for Legally Blonde 3.
The actor was asked about reprising his leading-man role in MGM’s romantic comedy franchise while on The Late Late Show, to which he responded with a smile, “Should we put the band back together?”
The idea came about when Reese Witherspoon said recently in another appearance, “I actually think it’s kind of great right now because we’re talking about women in politics and how important that is to get more women. And I think it’d be kind of a cool thing to have her be a Supreme Court Justice or somebody who runs for office, president.”
However, Wilson has a different motivation for potentially pursuing a third Blonde film. He recalled to James Corden and fellow Late Late Show guest Mary Lynn Rajskub, who was also in the 2003 sequel, that he was once introduced to Bob Newhart’s wife in a very particular way.
“‘Luke and I were in what was voted the worst movie of all time,'” Wilson remembered Newhart saying of Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde, which wasn’t as well received by audiences as the original 2001 film. “I didn’t know that. Apparently, it wasn’t as highly thought of as the first one…. That’s why we need to do [a third film], to win everybody back.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day