- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A one-of-a-kind gown that was designed in partnership with Zac Posen and Google’s Made With Code, a nonprofit initiative that inspires girls to learn to code.
The Wearer: Style star Lupita Nyong’o.
The Event: The Star Wars “Force 4 Fashion” red-carpet launch event, where the actress was joined by her Force Awakens co-stars Daisy Ridley and John Boyega. She also was seen in the dress during her appearance on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
Why We Dig: When it comes to making a fashion statement, you can always count on Nyong’o to take a red-carpet risk. The Oscar winner did just that with this unique LED look that was coded by girls around the country — she lit up the room, quite literally. To complement the flashy ensemble, makeup artist Nick Barose applied a metallic eyeliner and rosy lipstick on the star’s face. Guess we don’t have to worry about her joining the dark side.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day