- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Some people always look incredible, no matter what out-there style they try or experiment with. Lupita Nyong’o is one of those lucky ones. She stuns in every single color of the rainbow, and can pull off bold hair and makeup looks like few can.
And her latest magazine cover, United Airlines’ Rhapsody Magazine, proves it again, as she debuts a fresh hairstyle — a blunt sort of geometric take on a bowl cut that probably only she could pull off. The updated locks are by celebrity hairstylist Larry Sims, who also works with Uzo Aduba, Tracee Ellis Ross and Zendaya. Maybe they’re Star Wars-inspired? Her makeup, meanwhile, by frequent collaborator Nick Barose, is fresh-faced and neutral.
The clothes she wears — styled by Micaela Erlanger, whom the actress shares with Jared Leto — is spot-on, and includes some chic Givenchy in the opening spread and a red floral Louis Vuitton number on the cover. Photographer Yu Tsai had the honor of shooting what turns out to be the Star Wars: The Force Awakens starlet’s very first airline magazine cover.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day