- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Under the arrangement, the award-winning British screenwriter will work closely with Kate Harwood, managing director of Fremantle’s Euston Films banner, and Dante Di Lorento, president of scripted entertainment for FremantleMedia North America, to develop a range of high-end drama projects, to be be distributed globally by FremantleMedia International.
The deal sees Cross reunite with Euston Films, with which he worked on the upcoming BBC/Hulu seres Hard Sun, due for release in 2018.
“What we do should be fun, and working with Kate Harwood and Euston Films on Hard Sun has been just about the most enjoyable, as well as the most satisfying, experience of my professional life,” said Cross. “So, I was delighted when FremantleMedia offered me a permanent home from which to develop and produce great shows, both in the U.K. with Kate and in the U.S. with my old friend Dante Di Loreto for FMNA.”
Added Harwood: “Neil is one of the greatest storytellers in the industry. He has an extraordinary ability in creating engaging and ambitious ideas with complex characters that audiences around the world have come to love. We’re hugely proud of the work we’ve done together on Hard Sun and looking forward to creating even more distinctive dramas together in the future.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day