- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Because it’s the holiday season, MAC has given fans a gift in the form of yet another collaboration announcement. Unlike Mariah Carey’s shimmery seasonal lipstick, however, which is in stores now ($17), this one will be a long time in the making. The beauty juggernaut released news that it is partnering with the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund to offer a few outstanding womenswear alumni the chance to create a cosmetics line.
Five all-stars were selected to participate in the opportunity: Juan Carlos Obando, Tome, Cushnie et Ochs, Tanya Taylor and Chromat. The catch? Only one gets to see their vision become makeup reality.
MAC seems poised to take followers through the competition process, as the designers conceive their proposed capsule collections and one is chosen to be produced and sold in stores. This is no fast-fashion collab: The resulting range of cosmetics will not be available until late 2017. That’s right, almost two years from now. Who do you hope makes the cut?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day