- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the summer of 2012, a picture of Macaulay Culkin looking distressingly gaunt was splashed across the pages of the National Enquirer, accompanied by a story claiming that John Hughes‘ onetime muse was an intravenous heroin addict as well as a heavy abuser of oxycodone. Culkin’s legal team vigorously denied the allegations at the time.
Over a year later, Culkin has resurfaced at New York Comic Con, and fans are breathing a sigh of relief. Sporting scruffy blond facial hair, an ombre-dyed blazer, pink furry animal ears and women’s sunglasses (shades of Kurt Cobain abound), the Home Alone star was looking fed, healthy and happy.
Culkin was appearing alongside the cast of Robot Chicken, Cartoon Network’s long-running stop-motion animation program. It’s a show masterminded in part by Seth Green, Culkin’s friend and co-star in Party Monster, a 2003 film about killer party promoter Michael Alig and the deadly dangers of excess.
Culkin has voiced several characters on Chicken, and answered fan questions alongside Green, Breckin Meyer and Matthew Senreich.
Culkin was romantically linked to Mila Kunis before the couple broke up in 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day