- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jessica Pare skyrocketed to fame after the 2012 season premiere of Mad Men, when she gave a breathy rendition of the ’60s French pop song Zou Bisou Bisou while wearing a black, sheer-sleeved mini-dress that, too, stole the show. The Janie Bryant-designed piece was so jaw-dropping, in fact, that creator/executive producer Matt Weiner tells The Hollywood Reporter, “It was knocked off and in stores in three weeks.”
PHOTOS: Don Draper Steps Out With His Ladies at Season 6 Premiere
So this season there was some strong fashion pressure on both Pare and the show’s costume mastermind, Bryant. But after seeing the two-hour, season-six premiere last night, we have a feeling the next Megan Draper overnight knock off will be her silver jumpsuit with a keyhole neckline.
The Prabal Gurung pre-fall 2013 calf-length sheath she sported at the premiere was also decidedly retro. Which provided a nice backdrop for the mod-infused Prabal Gurung for Casadei black mesh ankle strap pumps she paired it with.
While Pare doesn’t sing in the season opener, she makes an equally powerful impression, especially while swaying in brightly colored Pucci-esque print caftans while on vacation in Hawaii with husband Don (Jon Hamm). Pare also wears some period bikinis on the beach — that is, before taking them off in bedroom scenes.
So set those DVRs, fashion fans. The Mad Men season premiere airs April 7 on AMC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day