- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Of the many reasons we love Mad Men, the rich, authentic costumes and serious sass served up by the leading ladies (and Don Draper as well, to be honest) top the list. In preparation for the series’ return for its final seven episodes on April 5, we’ve rounded up the best sunnies seen on the show.
See more This is What Everyone Wore to the ‘Mad Men’ Black & Red Ball
1. Don Draper (Jon Hamm), Season 4
The epitome of New York City cool, Don Draper’s wire-rim aviators are definitely his sexiest accessory.
2. Harry Crane (Rich Sommer), Season 6
From his red suit jacket (which perfectly matches his convertible’s interior) to his oversized shades, Harry Crane’s look is everything that was good about the ’70s.
Read more Dress du Jour: January Jones Wows in Prabal Gurung
3. Don Draper, Season 5
Oh, hello, Don Draper. We’re digging those hexagonal embellished frames.
4. Ida Blankenship (Randee Heller), Season 4
Don Draper’s secretary (one of several he has throughout the show) wears sunglasses in the office — in the middle of the day and while doing her daily crossword puzzles. Ida Blankenship, you are officially our hero.
Read more Christina Hendricks’ Signature Red Lips on ‘Mad Men’ Are Actually Pink
5. Megan Draper (Jessica Pare), Season 7
We can’t decide which is more fabulous: Megan Draper’s oversize round sunnies or the floppy lavender hat.
6. Megan Draper, Season 7
In another accessories face-off, Megan Draper’s large square frames take on her metallic drop earrings in a battle for coolest adornment. (Don’t get us started on her to-die-for powder blue mini dress.)
Read more This is Why We’re Obsessed with the Costumes on ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’
7. Betty Francis (January Jones), Season 7
Queen of sass, Betty Francis’s Jackie O.-inspired frames prove that she is, and always will be, cooler than us.
8. Betty Francis, Season 4
Even behind her cool baby pink shades, Betty Francis has mastered “the look” employed by angry mothers and feared by children worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry a No-Show on First Day of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality
The Partridge Family
Danny Bonaduce Says He’s Getting Brain Surgery Following Neurological Disorder Diagnosis