- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the New York runways for spring 2013, we saw dresses with pink fronts and green backs (Oscar de la Renta). This two-tone trend is happening more and more , but rarely have we seen a dress divided right down the center.
Maggie Gyllenhaal‘s Lanvin spring 2013 dress for the New York premiere of her film Won’t Back Down (also starring Viola Davis) pulled it off really well, with little distracting from the already distracting dress.
Gyllenhaal has a history of wearing really interesting, and sometimes controversial things on the red carpet, often avant garde pieces by the Belgian designer Dries Van Noten. But she’s got a strong sense of her own style.
Her stylist is Leslie Fremar in New York, who also dressed Julianne Moore in her lemon Dior couture on Emmy night, and Charlize Theron for all her awards appearances last year. It’s interesting that these three women all have their individual styles, but they always make great choices.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day