- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story, more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story,” he says. “I’m almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it’s the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show.”
(As narrator Che Guevara sings in Evita, “And the money kept rolling in.” Although, we can’t picture Magic Mike: The Musical winning a Tony in the future. But never say never.)
Meanwhile, Alex Pettyfer, who plays a novice stripper learning the ropes from Tatum’s titular Magic Mike, is interested in making his big stage debut — for a limited time only.
“I think we should all do the opening night,” says Pettyfer of his castmates, who also include Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer.
Magic Mike opens Friday. Check out THR‘s review here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day