- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Magic Mike may very well be a coming of age story and even a romance for Channing Tatum‘s title character, but let’s not forget the reason for the year’s worth of hype leading up to its June 29 release: male strippers.
PHOTOS: ‘Magic Mike’ and 28 of Summer’s Most Anticipated Movies
The scantily clad cast of Steven Soderbergh‘s latest film leave little to the imagination in the new poster and trailer, the latter seeing its official debut at Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards. It plays up the near-naked dancing in the movie, with Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello and Alex Pettyfer all getting down on the stage at Matthew McConaughey‘s character’s club in an extended performance clip.
One thing noticeably absent from the two-minute spot — other than the previously ubiquitous soundtrack of Rihanna‘s “We Found Love” — is the lack of flirting between Mike and Paige (Cody Horn). With less than a month to go before the film hits theaters, Warner Bros. may be shifting attention to Magic Mike‘s more obvious assets.
Watch the new trailer below:
Get More: Movie Trailers, Movies Blog
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day