- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
More Magic Mike will dance its way into theaters next summer.
Warner Bros. has dated the male stripper sequel for July 3, 2015.
Magic Mike 2 is a follow-up to the 2012 hit, which starred Channing Tatum as a male stripper and was based on some of his real experiences. The film, which was directed by Steven Soderbergh, earned $167.2 million worldwide.
In February, Tatum tweeted a picture of himself in an old-school fedora, saying that he had started writing the film. Plans for a sequel have been discussed since the first film had such a strong performance at the box office. In 2012, Tatum said he had begun working on a concept for a follow-up with producing partner Reid Carolin, who wrote the first Magic Mike.
The film has that holiday weekend Friday to itself, but Paramount’s Terminator reboot is slated for Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day