- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The official trailer for The Magnificent Seven has been released, and it introduces the entire gang.
For example, Denzel Washington is the bounty hunter, Chris Pratt is the gambler, and Ethan Hawke is the sharpshooter — and the latter is focused on the task at hand. He tells Washington, “Just make sure we’re fighting the battle in front of us, not the battle behind.”
Co-financed with Village Roadshow, the MGM and Sony remake puts a modern spin on the 1960 film, which centers on a disparate group of seven gunslingers who are hired by a woman to defend her town from bandits led by a robber baron.
Vincent D’Onofrio, Peter Sarsgaard, Byung-Hun Lee, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier also star in the update — and, as the trailer shows, each have their own preference in weaponry.
Antoine Fuqua directs the film, featuring a screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto and Richard Wenk.
The Magnificent Seven hits theaters Sept. 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day