- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When someone mentions the words “Victoria’s Secret Angels” and “youth,” we’re less than inclined to listen for fear of plummeting self-esteem. But when there’s a promise of getting the exact same glowing flush as each VS model had walking the runway at the recent Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, our ears (and cheeks) immediately perk up.
The bright pink flush was courtesy of longtime theater and film makeup label Kryolan Supracolor, in a shade conveniently called “Youth Red” ($8.50). Veteran makeup artist Dick Page tapped the cream blush on the model’s skin with his fingers and blended it out across the cheeks before applying foundation. He also applied just a dot on the bridge of the nose with his fingers (be sure to blend so you look more runway-ready than Rudolph).
VS beauty with the touch of a finger (at a refreshingly affordable price no less) and the technique for making it look subtle is easy to remember: Just like the lingerie, the blush goes on first followed by the foundation, or in the case of an angel, her wings.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day