- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unlike most 18-year-olds, Malia Obama posts zero social media content, yet she’s having an increasingly harder time keeping a low profile in New York. On May 1, a PR firm sent out a recap of the 25th anniversary screening of Quentin Tarantino’s Reservoir Dogs, listing notable attendees including the director, Harvey Weinstein (whose Miramax released the film in 1992 and whose The Weinstein Co. is where Obama is now interning), Tim Roth, Christian Slater, Adriana Lima, Paul Haggis and, yes, Obama.
The inclusion marked the first time THR has spotted Obama’s name in an event recap. The same week, her street style, like many a Hollywood starlet, inspired another email blast, this one announcing that she was spotted wearing the TNA for ARITZIA “Updrift” sweater on two occasions. Obama isn’t spending like a star, though: The sweater retails for $65.
This story first appeared in the May 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day