- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gummer, the daughter of Meryl Streep and sculptor Don Gummer, will play Bonnie, a personal trainer to Aniston’s character.
Won’t Back Down helmer Daniel Barnz is directing from a Black List script by Patrick Tobin.
Ben Barnz, Kristin Hahn, Courtney Solomon and Mark Canton are producing. Aniston also is executive producing.
Cake is the first in a five-movie linkup between Chinese TV producer Shenghua Entertainment and After Dark Films under the banner Cinelou Films. The project was first announced during the Berlin Film Festival. CAA and WME represent the film’s domestic distribution rights.
Gummer, who starred on TV’s Emily Owens M.D., most recently joined James Ponsoldt‘s indie film The End of the Tour, which will star Jesse Eisenberg as David Lipsky and Jason Segel as David Foster Wallace.
She also has appeared on CBS’ The Good Wife and her recent film work includes Steven Soderbergh‘s Side Effects and indie The Lifeguard. Gummer is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day