- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenneth Lonergan’s Casey Affleck-starrer Manchester by the Sea won five awards from the Vancouver Film Critics Circle.
Manchester beat out Moonlight and La La Land to earn the best picture award. Manchester went into the Vancouver Film Critics Circle competition with six nominations, ahead of Barry Jenkins’ Moonlight with four nominations and Damien Chazelle’s La La Land with three.
Affleck earned the best actor award, while Michelle Williams prevailed in the best supporting actress category. And Lonergan won for best director and best screenplay.
The best actress award went to Isabelle Huppert for her star turn in Elle, while Moonlight’s Mahershala Ali won the best supporting actor prize. Maren Ade’s German comedy Toni Erdmann won for best foreign language film, and Cameraperson nabbed the best documentary prize.
While the international prizes were announced today, winners of the Canadian film awards will be announced Jan. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day