- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday, The Weinstein Co. has released the first trailer for its upcoming biopic of the South African president.
The Weinstein Co. screened parts of the film for the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday as part of celebrations of Nelson Mandela International Day. Notable attendees included former U.S. President Bill Clinton; Rev. Jesse Jackson; singer and civil rights icon Harry Belafonte; U.N. General Assembly president John William Ashe; and Ban ki-moon, secretary-general of the U.N.
Mandela, who has been hospitalized with health issues, is showing signs of improvement, his daughter Zindzi said Wednesday. She reported her father has made “dramatic progress” and may be going home “anytime soon.”
The Weinstein Co. is set to release the film Nov. 29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood