- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Sept. 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Is this the end of Soho House‘s Hollywood monopoly?
Manhattan’s year-old NeueHouse, a private social club and workspace set to open an L.A. branch in the spring, already has taken on its would-be competitor by poaching its former membership director Tim Geary, THR exclusively has learned. “We’re very excited to have him as a colleague,” says NeueHouse co-founder Joshua Abram, who notes that Geary will help NeueHouse “very quickly” expand into Soho House’s other global bases, including London.
Of more immediate concern to NeueHouse: Kitting out its new home, the six-story former CBS Building on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, an International Style marvel built by William Paley and used by everyone from Lucille Ball and Orson Welles to Bob Dylan. “There are artifacts we’d love to reassociate with, particularly the beautiful original exterior blade signage; no one knows where that is, and we’d love to find it,” says Abram. “We’re in conversation with the CBS Archives, we’re on eBay, we’re spreading the word.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Women in Entertainment