- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a Billboard exclusive video, Marc Anthony calls for people to aid in the efforts as Hurricane Maria wreaks havoc on his island, Puerto Rico, just after the departure of Hurricane Irma. Anthony points out that Puerto Rico became a safe haven for those living on the surrounding islands despite also being affected.
Currently, the entirety of Puerto Rico is without power and may not recuperate for months. Gov. Ricardo Rossello explains that the power grid is “a little bit old, mishandled and weak” due to a long recession.
The total number of casualties from the hurricane is unknown, and an assessment of damage cannot be made until officials can safely fly over to survey what remains.
Anthony directs donors to the efforts of the first lady of Puerto Rico, Beatriz Rossello, at United for Puerto Rico. To donate, visit their site here.
Watch Marc Anthony’s call for action below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day