- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the news that Marc by Marc Jacobs would fold into the main Marc Jacobs line, it remained unclear what would happen with design duo Katie Hillier and Luella Bartley, who joined MBMJ in May 2013. Now the designers have announced their next step: They’ll be starting Hillier Bartley, a womenswear luxury label that will launch with a fall 2015 collection of ready-to-wear, bags and accessories.
Read more Marc by Marc Jacobs Is Shutting Down
The collection was presented to buyers in Paris in March, and will be available at select international retailers in August, according to WWD.
“Hillier Bartley is a very personal project, which Katie and I have been working on for years,” said Bartley in a statement. “We have also looked at the women we admire, what we would want to wear and the inspirations that have been close to us for ages. Its ultimate heroine lies somewhere between Ian McCulloch and Katharine Hepburn. It’s about a woman our age, indie by heart, rakish and irreverent by nature, who is maturing into refinement and naturalness.”
Read more Marc Jacobs Is Now on Instagram
While it’s been reported that Hillier will likely stay on at Marc Jacobs, Bartley’s role at the company has not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day