- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Earlier this summer, Marc Jacobs lived everyone’s worst social media nightmare. The designer, who is still relatively new to Instagram, accidentally posted a naked selfie on his very public and very popular account that he suggestively captioned, “It’s yours to try!”
Though he immediately removed the photo (which he later revealed was intended for an Instagram direct message, not for the eyes of the public), the Internet, as expected, captured the shot and disseminated it to the rest of the world. But the designer remained unfazed, apologizing for the image but refusing to be shamed. Instead, he added the “It’s yours to try!” caption to his brand’s Twitter bio and shirked off the heat.
Now, Jacobs is taking the Instagram snafu a step further by selling T-shirts with the now-infamous line. He posted a cheeky photo (that smirk says it all) of the new tee on Instagram with the caption, “I mean the t-shirt!! @marcjacobs Now available (THE T SHIRT!!!!) at a MARC JACOBS store near you.” It appears that Jacobs is of the mind that the best way to remedy a mistake is to profit from it.
Respect, Mr. Jacobs, respect.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day