- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leave it to designer Marc Jacobs to shake things up at the Costume Institute Gala held at the Metropolitan Museum earlier this week.
He showed up (with Lorenzo Martone) wearing a long black lace tunic (although he referred to it as a dress) by Commes des Garcons over a pair of white boxer shorts, black socks and pilgrim shoes.
As he explained on the Met’s live feed: “I just didn’t want to wear a tuxedo and be boring. I think Miuccia Prada is such a celebration of the unconventional and so it felt like, appropriate, somehow. [Schiaparelli and Prada] are two women that I have always loved the work of. I mean, Schiaparelli is one of my all-time heroes and Miuccia Prada continues to be a hero of mine. I am just looking forward to seeing the exhibition.”
One has to wonder who bought them all. Or did Jacobs just snag the last one?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day