- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was a whirlwind week for red-carpet fashion, between film premieres, galas and, you know, that little show called the Golden Globe Awards.
But while there were plenty of clean-cut, elegant gowns in shades of solid white and gold, we couldn’t take our eyes off of Marc Jacobs’ brightly patterned and flirty creations, as seen on Tessa Thompson, Chloe Grace Moretz and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
In the sea of safe, albeit pretty ensembles at the Golden Globes, Maggie Gyllenhaal wowed in a buzz-worthy floral printed stunner with a retro embellishment on the shoulder. Magenta lips topped off the daring look.
At Tuesday’s London premiere of Creed, Tessa Thompson was dazzling in another attention-grabbing gown featuring a thigh-high slit and funky geometric pattern. The boat-neck style paired with the 32-year-old’s Old Hollywood side-swept waves made for a refreshing, sophisticated take on sequins.
Rounding out the week was Chloe Grace Moretz, who attended Thursday evening’s premiere of The Fifth Wave in a whimsical red and blue number with a feather embellishment. Given the dark mood of the film about the end of the human race, Moretz’s fun frock definitely helped liven up the atmosphere.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day