- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jacobs’ last Louis Vuitton campaign, which debuted Thursday, features his glowing group of muses posing for the spring/summer 2014 collection. The all-star cast includes Bling Ring director Sofia Coppola, actresses Fan Bingbing and Catherine Deneuve, models Gisele Bundchen, Caroline de Maigret and Edie Campbell — each posing with the LV Noe bag that reflects her own personal aesthetic.
The campaign, photographed by Steven Meisel in New York, was a very touching experience for the designer, as well as the French fashion house. “It was a very emotional shoot, and I find this shows in the images,” Frederic Winckler, Louis Vuitton communications and events director, told WWD.
“It’s not a melancholic campaign. It’s really celebrating women who inspire Marc,” he added. From Coppola’s design of the SC bag in 2009 to Bingbing’s stunning red carpet LV gowns, each model has helped Jacobs’ 16-year-old tenure make a lasting mark on the brand.
Nicolas Ghesquiere, who succeeds Jacobs, was named LV’s creative director in November and will present his first collection for fall 2014 in March.
MARC’S MUSE: Gisele Bundchen
MARC’S MUSE: Fan Bingbing
MARC’S MUSE: Catherine Deneuve
MARC’S MUSE: Edie Campbell
MARC’S MUSE: Caroline de Maigret
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day