- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you can’t beat them, join them.
This apparently is the advice taken by Marc Jacobs, who joined Instagram (@themarcjacobs) Monday evening despite having previously stated that he was “appalled by the whole social media thing.” In an interview with Suzy Menkes of British Vogue last month, Jacobs continued, “I don’t get it, it doesn’t appeal to me. Neither does a computer, or working on a laptop.”
Read more Marc by Marc Jacobs is Shutting Down
So what changed his mind? Well, Jacobs’ introduction to social media comes shortly after the news that his secondary line, Marc by Marc Jacobs, will be absorbed into his primary line in the hopes of creating a single, more cohesive label ahead of the company’s possible IPO later this year. However, whether Jacobs is jumping on the social media train to boost his brand’s profile or because he’s dying to see what his friends are eating for lunch, remains unclear.
The 51-year-old’s inaugural Instagram photo shows the designer’s side profile (and some serious side-eye) with the caption, “No filter, (some filler)!”
Whatever the reason for this change of heart, we think a witty caption and well-dressed man is just what our feed needed. Thanks, Marc.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day