- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Margaret Cho had us in stitches with her performance at the Golden Globes, but her newest project is worth taking seriously. The comic has teamed up with Betabrand, the San Francisco-based online clothing community and crowdfunder, to launch her foray into fashion with the Solitaire jumpsuit.
A hooded one-piece made of super-soft enzyme tencel twill, Cho’s design is equal parts flattering and practical, featuring a zippered front, three-quarter-length sleeves and smocking at the waist. With two front pockets, two back pockets, a cargo pocket, and a discreet chest pocket, the utilitarian piece is also being touted as the ultimate alternative to carrying a clutch.
“You can dress it up with heels and jewelry, or you can get really sporty with it via combat boots and a matte lipstick. Any way you dress it, you look amazing,” says the Grammy-nominated comedian on the Betabrand website. “All your stuff sits neatly in the zippered pockets. You can take on the world with both hands.”
Retailing for $188, the Solitaire is currently available at 15 percent off for project backers. Since Thursday’s announcement, Cho has already reached 72 percent of her crowdfunding goal. Now that’s no laughing matter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union