- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Margot Robbie is in talks to play the female lead in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street. She would play Nadine, the wife of Jordan Belfort, the Wall Street trader to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
Robbie, who most recently appeared on the ABC series Pan Am, is an Australian actress whose credits also include the upcoming film About Time and the Australian TV series Neighbours.
Red Granite Pictures is producing and fully financing Wolf of Wall Street, which is being adapted for the screen from Belfort’s memoir by Terence Winter. Riza Aziz, Joey McFarland, DiCaprio, Scorsese and Alexandra Milchan are producing, with Irwin Winkler and Georgia Kacandes as executive producers.
Other names that have been reported in talks for the project include Jean Dujardin, Jonah Hill and Kyle Chandler.
Production is slated to begin in August in New York.
Robbie is repped by CAA, Management 360, Aran Michael Management in Australia and Jackoway, Tyerman, Wertheimer, Austen, Mandelbaum & Morris.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day