- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Working Title and Focus Features project, directed by Josie Rourke, chronicles the family rivalry between Queen Elizabeth (Robbie) and Mary (Ronan), when the latter attempted to overthrow her cousin’s seat on the English throne.
The Whistler screening will follow Mary Queen of Scots’ world bow at AFM on Nov. 15.
Another Focus release, Participant Media’s On the Basis of Sex, the origin story of Ruth Bader Ginsburg that stars Felicity Jones and was directed by Mimi Leder, will also screen in Whistler, along with Barry Jenkins’ If Beale Street Could Talk, Alfonso Cuaron’s Roma and Sophie Dupuis’ Family First, Canada’s entry in the upcoming Oscar best foreign-language category.
Whistler will close on Dec. 2 with Jeff and Michael Zimbalist’s surfing documentary Momentum Generation, which was executive produced by Robert Redford.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day