- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Blessed to be able to take Christopher out of the hospital last night,” Maria Shiver tweeted Tuesday morning.
The 13-year-old son of Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger was hospitalized in the intensive care unit of L.A.’s UCLA Medical Center with a collapsed lung and broken ribs after having a boogie boarding accident last week.
“What a feeling of relief to know that he’s going to be fine,” Shriver added and in a series of tweets praised the hospital’s staff.
“We were very lucky. Many patients and families we met have been there so long and have no end in sight. I pray for their recovery. I will forever be grateful to the amazing doctors, nurses and hospital staff in the ICU who helped my son,” she said.
Arnold, who amended court documents to say he’d be willing to pay Shriver spousal support in their divorce, also took to his Twitter account Tuesday to express his happiness with Christopher’s recovery, saying, “I knew Christopher couldn’t be stopped! Big thanks to all the doctors, nurses & staff at UCLA that helped him recover.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day