- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mariah Carey hasn’t quite mastered The Art of Letting Go.
Mimi took to Twitter on Monday to inform fans that they’ll have to wait for her 14th studio album as she’s not quite ready to let it go.
“While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don’t feel it would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23,” Carey wrote. Originally slated for a July 23 debut, Letting Go appears to have been delayed indefinitely.
“I’d rather not exclude meaningful songs,” she added. “I want to give you this album as it’s meant to be heard. When I’m ready, you’ll be the first 2 know.”
This is good news for Selena Gomez, whose forthcoming Stars Dance was to have been released on the same day as Carey’s album. With the pop diva out of the way, Gomez now has a greater chance of scoring a No. 1 chart debut, though she’ll still have to contend with Chris Brown’s X in its second week of sales.
Carey, meanwhile, has already released a lead single from her now-undated album. “#Beautiful” feat. Miguel has thus far peaked at No. 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and No. 3 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day